Jan 212014

Sir Christopher Wallace

Wallace - MAP

3rd January 1943 – 7th January 2016

Lieutenant-General Sir Christopher Brooke Quentin Wallace KBE DL ( 3rd January 1943 – 7th January 2016) was a retired British Army General and a trustee of the Imperial War Museum.

Wallace was educated at Shrewsbury and at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. He was commissioned in 1962. His regimental service in The Royal Green Jackets concluded with command of the 3rd Battalion in Germany and Northern Ireland from 1983 to 1985.

This is an earlier picture of Wallace wishing a certain person in NI a Merry Christmas

He later commanded the 7th Armoured Brigade from 1986 to 1988 and was Director of Public Relations (Army) in the Ministry of Defence from 1989 to 1990.

He commanded the 3rd Armoured Division from 1990 to 1992 in Germany and was Commandant of the Staff College, Camberley from 1993 to 1994.

He established the Permanent Joint Headquarters (UK) at Northwood during a tour from 1994 to 1966, and then became the UK`s first Chief of Joint Operations there from 1966 to 1999.

He was Colonel Commandant of the Royal Green Jackets from 1995 to 1998 and Colonel Commandant of the Light Division from 1998 to 1999.

Wallace was Commandant of the Royal College of Defence Studies from January 2001 until January 2005 and was first appointed to the Board of the Imperial War Museum in July 1999 and served one term. He his also the Chairman of  Trustees of The Royal Green Jackets Museum from 1999.

He was Deputy Lieutenant for Hampshire in 2004.

Wallace as also written a number of books

A Brief History of The King`s Royal Rifle Corps 1755 to 1965, by Christopher Wallace (2005)

Focus on Courage: The 59 Victoria Crosses of The Royal Green Jackets, by Christopher Wallace and Ron Cassidy (2006)

Rifles and Kukris: Delhi 1857, by Christopher Wallace  (2007)

Chairman of the Museum Trustees, Lieutenant-General Sir Christopher Wallace

with Field Marchal the Lord Bramall, Lady Bramall and Nicolas Bramall

with the Baton at the handover on 23rd July 2011.

Sourced from Wikipedia and RGJ Museum

Picture from Face Book