- Bloomsbury Volunteers (St Giles & St George`s) 1804
- St George`s Hanover Square Volunteers 1792
- Duke of Cumberland`s Sharpshooters 1803
- Loyal Volunteers of London 1798
- Armed Association of Westminster 1797
- Rangers (Gentlemen Members of Grey`s Inn) 1780 to The Rifles
- Corps of Hackney Volunteer Riflemen 1802 to The Rifles
- Oxfordshire Volunteer Militia 1792 to The Rifles
- Bucks Volunteer Militia 1642 to The Rifles
- Tower Hamlets Bands 1537 to The Rifles
Poetry from the PTSD MIND by Steve Barker…….
I left School in 1979 and within a month joined the Royal Green Jackets in Winchester, after completing training joined 3 RGJ in Cambridge.I Continued to serve until 1989 in which I saw service in Cyprus on the UN, Germany, Ireland, Falklands, Canada, and of course the UK.In 2017 after many years of suffering, I was diagnosed with PTSD from three life threatening events during my service.
A great documentary detailing the rebellion in which the citizens of Derry locked their king and his men out of the city in 1689, in support of the Dutch invasion of England.The great academic historians of this generation tell the story of Derry’s siege and related incidents.
The prosecuting solicitor told the court he was acting on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions. O’Hara, the court heard, had served with the Royal Green Jackets in Belfast for two years, but in 1972 was discharged for disobeying orders after refusing to go back for a fourth tour of duty.
The Memorial Chair Our first mission was completed in 2015, this was the installation of a Memorial Chair which was installed in the former barracks […]
Make sure you ”Return to Memorial at Peninsula” when offered by PayPal for more readings Mr Hugh Willing say`s in the Ezine ” We should […]
Hugh Willing (Said in Sept 2013) “We encourage you all to support their initiative“ The above statement was said by Hugh Willing during our first […]
Every Green Jacket I know holds this city in high esteem, our second home. We were all so young, yet this city is the one we remember best…